[Dovecot] Converting Courier mailboxes to Dovecot

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Sat May 5 07:47:38 EEST 2007

On 5/4/07, Andy Shellam <andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk> wrote:

> If I can't salvage anything useful, is there any adverse effects to me
> deleting all the "courier*" files/folders from each mailbox and
> subfolders so when the client connects back when Dovecot's running, it
> creates it's own UIDs and keywords etc?

I rsync'ed from one mailserver to another and excluded the courier
related files. Then I crawled each user's imap folders on both systems
with a perlscript and wrote out the results to two files.

As you suggest various logs/indexes were created by dovecot and all my
accounts were the same. Baring a few deliveries. You will loose folder
subscription information remember and I know nothing about shared
folder stuff.

Btw, the difference between courier and dovecot is insane the dovecot
machine I am using is not a 3rd of the courier machine and the speed
is quite impressive. I hope to see an additional advantage to using
dovcot's lda deliver to prep these indexes as well.

--
Gabriel Millerd