[Dovecot] Dovecot and horde issues

John H. Bennett III bennettj at johnbennettservices.com
Thu May 10 00:55:03 EEST 2007

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 23:11 -0500, John H. Bennett III wrote:
>> What is happenning is that when I login to imp, I don't see any
>> folders.  I can create folders in imp which do get created in my
>> Maildir directory, but I can't see them.  If I revert back to
>> dovecot-0.99.14-1.2, then I am able to see my folders.
>
> See where the newly created mailboxes are created in the filesystem.
> Sounds like v1.0 is using a completely different directory than v0.99.
>
> Another reason could be subscriptions file.

Thanks for responding.  The folders are being created in the same
place as before and are being created correctly.  Previously, I stated
that I am trying to get this to work on a pre-release version of SME
Server, which runs on top of CentOS 5.  But, what I failed to mention
was that this distro is using imapfront and stunnel.  I have found
that if I bypass this (shutting the service down on this distro), then
start dovecot with a good dovecot.conf file, then horde/imp works just
fine.

I have been trying to do research on what exactly imapfront and
stunnel give me in order to try to trouble shoot this better.  So, I
believe this issue isn't a dovecot one.  Next question, anyone using
imapfront and stunnel with dovecot that could help out?  If so, I
don't know what more information you need, so just please tell me and
I will provide.

Thanks again,

John Bennett