[Dovecot] newbie with dovecot acls needs a little help :-)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 11 16:22:46 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 18:49 +0200, Rachid Zarouali wrote:
> hy all,
>
> i'm trying to make an acl so a local unix user 'sie' can access exalead mboxes.
> my exalead mboxes are stored in :
> /opt/exalead/mail/sie/
..
> mail_extra_groups: exalead
> mail_location: mbox:/opt/exalead/mail

A bit late, but if you haven't figured out anything yet:

ACL plugin can only be used to remove permissions that would otherwise
be given by filesystem permissions. So I guess your problem is that
whatever user is trying to access the sie mboxes doesn't have permission
to do so. Is it really enough to have users in exalead group to be able
to access the mboxes? Anything in Dovecot's logs?