[Dovecot] [IDEA] Re: wierd ssl-parameters.dat regeneration error
tss at iki.fi
Sun May 13 20:27:15 EEST 2007
On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 10:07 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday, May 13 at 09:57 AM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
> > On Sunday, May 13 at 06:27 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> >> Only one of them needs to regenerate the file. The rest of them should
> >> just copy it to their login_dir.
> > Hmm, okay. How do they know when the file is fully regenerated?
> Oh! I think I see; file_try_lock() blocks until the lock is obtained
> or fails, correct?
No. It goes something like this:
- see if global ssl-parameters.dat's mtime is higher than in login dir
- if yes, copy the file to login dir preserving its mtime
- check if login/ssl-parameters.dat's mtime is older than configured
- if not, try again in 10 mins
- open ssl-parameters.dat.tmp file
- try to lock it
- if it fails someone's already rebuilding it. check again in 10
- write the new parameters to the .tmp file
- rename() .tmp to ssl-parameters.dat
- copy to login/
So the processes that failed to lock the .tmp file will just copy the
ssl-parameters.dat after 10 minutes.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20070513/62de9e61/attachment.pgp
More information about the dovecot