[Dovecot] assertion failed

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sun May 13 23:53:47 EEST 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 11:40:12PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > IBM's GPFS on linux, which is a shared disk cluster fs.
>
> So either there's some problem that only occurs with GPFS or it adds
> enough latency that a race condition somewhere can cause problems.
> Before v1.0 release I was running imap stress testing for many hours
> (reading and modifying the same mailbox) without a single error, so I
> doubt I can reproduce this myself. And if I can't reproduce it, this is
> going to be pretty much impossible to fix.
>
> For Dovecot v1.1 I'm going to simplify the index file code so at least
> then this error should hopefully go away.

Any idea when v1.1 will be released ? The mail_index_sync_update_index
failure is happening about once a day, so we need to get something
done about it.. Hmmm, maybe setting the postfix soft_bounce=yes (as
suggested by Jasper Slits) will be an acceptable workaround for us, as
I don't think these servers should ever need to bounce mail (other
servers in front of them should be handeling that).

   -jf