[Dovecot] Getting rid of the common newbie problems

Wed May 16 16:26:24 EEST 2007

On 5/16/2007 Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> Anyway, with all of these 3 messages people have still copy&pasted
> logs and asked "How do I fix this?" I just don't know how to make it
> any more clearer.

I don't think you can... I really respect your desire to make things as
easy/simple for people new to dovecot,

> Except a few times people have asked "What config file?" so changing
> that to dovecot.conf could help a bit.

No amount of effort can help someone who is unwilling to learn the bare
minimum about a new program they want to use - and if they aren't even
aware that dovecot has a config file (as does every other server app
I've ever used), or what it is named or where it is - well, I don't
think I need to say anything more.

--

Best regards,

Charles