[Dovecot] Getting rid of the common newbie problems

Wed May 16 16:29:42 EEST 2007

> I see what you're getting at, but personally i really like having plenty
> of documentation in the config files. That way when you're editing the
> config file, you can know exactly what you're doing and have good
> descriptions right in front of you....
>
> Of course this is no substitute for other documentation like manual/wiki
> etc

Maybe the answer is to have two .conf files - one, the example, that
contains the comments as it is now, and the other, the basic config
file, with bare minimum comments.

Of course, this means twice as much work for Timo, unless he can do this
with his IDE somehow (have two different 'comment' fields, one for the
.example.conf, and one for the minimal version)? Since I'm not a
programmer and never used an IDE or cvs, not sure how dumb this sounds... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles