[Dovecot] OS X Mail Administration

Scott Murman dovecot at segosha.net
Wed May 16 18:06:55 EEST 2007

> I'd appreciate if you'd share with me the directory structure that
> you use, or would use in my situation.  All mail storage will be on
> the server so disk space is not an issue.  I'm a bit confused
> whether or not to keep the inbox separate from the other imap
> structure as is the OS X default: should all mailboxes be under
> inbox, etc.

i run an os x server, and keep it simply as a server, so there's no
need to match the mail storage w/ the apple mail layout.  since i
only have a handful of users, i use $HOME/Maildir for each account,
then let the client machines/apps do as they wish.   if i had more
users if would move it into /var and use a different authentication
scheme.  the only difference from a linux setup is that most things
dovecot don't seem as well tested under os x since there are fewer of
us.

-SM-