[Dovecot] Wiki relating to subscriptions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 17 20:35:58 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 12:29 -0400, Bruce Bodger wrote:
> On this wiki page http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/UW appears this
> information:
>
> "It's possible to keep using the .mailboxlist}} filename (as long as
> it's in the same directory) by modifying {{{SUBSCRIPTION_FILE_NAME
> define in src/lib-storage/index/mbox/mbox-storage.h"
>
> However, if a user wanted to continue using .mailboxlist wouldn't
> they also have to change the same define in src/lib-storage/index/
> maildir/maildir-storage.h?

That UW migration page talks about UW+mbox -> Dovecot+mbox migration. If
you're going to migrate to maildir too, I don't see any point in keeping
the .mailboxlist filename. The only reason why you would keep it with
mboxes is to have the migration completely transparent without any
conversion at all required.

> Also, (regarding v1.0.0 code) the default define in mbox-storage.h is
> ".subscriptions" whereas the default define in maildir-storage.h is
> "subscriptions" (no dot)

Yep, that's right.