[Dovecot] per-user delivery to commands

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun May 20 20:01:55 EEST 2007

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> [2007.05.20.1843 +0200]:
> Hi, we are using dovecot IMAP in a complex virtual setup with almost
> 4000 accounts; postfix hands over to deliver for local delivery into
> a home directory as stored in the SQL database. That's
> /srv/vmail/$DOMAIN/$LOCALPART for most of them, but I'd rather not
> hardcode this scheme anywhere as it's in SQL.

/srv/vmail/$DOMAIN/$LOCALPART/Maildir/

since …

> By a policy change, we need to insert a filter in this chain and the
> filter must be called in such a way that it knows where to find the
> "home" directory since the command needs to read a configuration
> file in ~/.mailfilt.rc.

/srv/vmail/$DOMAIN/$LOCALPART/ is the home directory allowing for
such things as sieve scripts etc for virtual users. I am not sure
whether this actually works yet.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"first get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure."
                                                       -- mark twain