[Dovecot] May 21 09:13:14 mail dovecot: imap-login: No authentication sockets found

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue May 22 00:37:08 EEST 2007

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:

> Ive been runing dovecot on a fc6 dell poweredge 2950 for about 4 weeks
> now with no issues.  Im authenticating against openldap 2.3.27.  It
> appears ok.  I restarted ldap, and dovecot, and everything looked fine

As Timo mentioned, it sounds like the auth socket is being deleted
because it's in a place that the 'tmpwatch' tool will clean out; the
default on FC6 is anything more than 720hrs old (30 days), which fits
right in to your 4-week observation.

Compare the location of your sockets/cache (dovecot -n) with the list of
directories cleaned by tmpwatch (look in /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch) and
make sure the two aren't stepping on each other's toes.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com