[Dovecot] need some help please

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 22 02:09:42 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen spake the following on 5/21/2007 3:22 PM:
> On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 13:38 -0400, Paul A wrote:
>
>> Here is my config file.
>
> You didn't have "protocols" line there. By default Dovecot only listens
> for IMAP connections. If you want POP3 you'll need to add pop3 there.
>
>>   passdb:
>>     driver: pam
>>     args: dovecot
>>   passdb:
>>     driver: passwd
>>   userdb:
>>     driver: passwd
Then there is an error in the conf file as follows;
<quote>
# Default values are shown for each setting, it's not required to uncomment
# any of the lines.
<snip>
# Protocols we want to be serving: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
# If you only want to use dovecot-auth, you can set this to "none".
#protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
</quote>

So this is NOT the default, although the conf file states such?

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and