[Dovecot] locking question

Paul Amaral pamaral at meganet.net
Thu May 24 18:38:53 EEST 2007

Hi, I'm using Maildir with dovecot .99, I'm getting some errors with fcntl
locks. Do I still need to use a locking mechanism if I'm using maildir with
pop3 access.

For reasons I won't go into I cant upgrade from .99 to version one at the
time.

I'm getting this error with some users, I have tried to manually delete the
.imap.index file but the error comes back, any thoughts?

May 24 12:11:21 pop imap(generalg): Timeout while waiting for release of
exclusive fcntl() lock for index file /home/g/generalg/Ma
ildir/.INBOX/.imap.index

TIA, Paul