[Dovecot] Quota warning not generated

Doug Council dcouncil at nethere.com
Fri May 25 20:14:28 EEST 2007

I am testing out the unofficial quota warning patch with Dovecot 1.0.0,
and no matter what values I use for the storage or messages values, the
warning script is never executed.

My plugin settings are:

plugin {
   quota = maildir:storage=20480
   quota_warning = storage=80%:messages=10 /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
}

I've tried the following quota_warning lines without any luck:

quota_warning = storage=80% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
quota_warning = messages=10 /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
quota_warning = storage=80%:messages=10 /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh

The quota-warning.sh script is set to 0755 and currently just syslogs a
warning using logger(1).  Run independently of Dovecot, it works fine.

Here is a sample maildirsize file (if that is at all important) from when
I tried the messages=10 setting:

10485760S
335322 12
14016 1
58058 1
46529 1
37623 1
55252 1
61901 1
53422 1
56228 1

There are more than 10 messages in the mailbox, but the quota-warning.sh
script never gets executed.  When using storage=80%, the maildirsize file
has the correct values (not included in this message), but it never
executes the script as well.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Doug