[Dovecot] Namespace Problems

Rainer Sigl sigl at mpe.mpg.de
Tue May 29 20:55:34 EEST 2007

Hi all,

after an update from dovecot beta version to 1.0.0.-1 today morning I
had different effects:
thunderbird-, kmail-, Apple-clients, pine  and squirrelmail could
receive email correct with imaps. But not MSOutlook!!!
Varying the namespace configurations in dovecot.conf I got different
results with MSOutlook working but with thunderbird, squirrelmail etc.
all folders are displayed but not the root Inbox etc.
Its important to know that I migrated from courier-imap to dovecot.

My well working namespace config BEFORE upgrade to 1.0.0-1:

namespace private {
   #separator = /
   prefix = INBOX.
#   prefix =
   inbox = yes
   #hidden = yes
}
#the second namespace I need to work with Apple because they use /
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = INBOX/
   inbox = no
   hidden = yes
}

Here my actual namespace configs:

namespace private {
   separator =
   prefix = INBOX.
   inbox = no
   hidden = no
}
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix = INBOX/
   inbox = no
   hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
   separator = .
   prefix = INBOX.
   inbox = yes
   hidden = yes
}

In varying inbox and hidden keywords I found this configuration. Most
things are working with this but in squirrelmal I can't access inbox,
the main folder.

How do I have to configure that everythings works satisfying??

dovecot.conf and dovecot-sql.conf I send in the attachment.

Many thanks

Rainer Sigl

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: sigl at mpe.mpg.de
MPI f. extraterrestrische Physik, | phone: +49 (89) 30000-3557
Postfach 1312,                    | fax:   +49 (89) 30000-3569
D-85741 Garching, Germany         | web:   http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~sigl/

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: sigl at mpe.mpg.de