[Dovecot] Small typo

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 3 23:22:43 EET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 17:25 +0530, Abhijit Hoskeri wrote:
> > Another way would be to do this in  dovecot-auth, but if it's done
> > there it should be done asynchronously  (or in auth worker processes)
> > and doing async dns lookups would  require some async dns library..
>
> Now, I think I understand why you had not done something like this already.

I hadn't actually even thought this far. My main concern was that the
DNS lookups are synchronous without a separate library.

> * When you say auth-worker processes, do you mean I need to create a
>   separate helper program just to do DNS lookups?

No, I mean some passdbs in Dovecot are already set with blocking=TRUE
flag, in which case Dovecot uses separate "dovecot-auth -w" processes to
handle them.

But if you're looking up hosts only from files, or if you assume that
your DNS lookups are really fast always, you can just ignore this.