[Dovecot] Sent vs Sent Items

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Mon Nov 5 19:23:03 EET 2007

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Monday November 05, 2007 at 09:37:12 (AM) Bill Cole wrote:
>> hile we're making a list: 'Junk' vs. 'Junk E-mail' is a particular
>> problematic case of client disagreement because some clients (e.g.
>> Eudora, Outlook) work in ways that are Very Bad when they disagree on
>> the final destination of probable spam.
>>

> Correct me if I am wrong; however, there is no RFC specifically detailing the
> naming of folders.
Right....
> If there is no specification in place, the author of a
> software application is pretty much free to do as they please.
No, not relay - if there is no specification,  things _must_ be
configurable.
Or don't call your software "IMAP client". Call it "Cyrus", "MS
Exchange" or "Lotus Domino" client..., if it ads restrictions where thy
don't apply.

>  The interesting
> fact is that while you claim that clients like 'Eudora & Outlook' are bad, the
> users of said clients might very well consider your choice of MUA to be
> inferior.

Outlook Express have at less options to configure "Sent items" and
"Drafts" alias. In Outlook you can specify only root namespace prefix.
> Just my 2¢.

Anyway "alias" option would be good workaround for "limited pseudo
IMAP"clients.

Uldis.