[Dovecot] Couldn't init INBOX: Can't sync mailbox: Messages keep getting expunged

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Nov 5 19:39:38 EET 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Tom Sommer wrote:

> On Sat, November 3, 2007 22:18, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 14:20 +0100, Tom Sommer wrote:
>>
>>> After updating Dovecot,
>>>

>> From what version?
>
> I think it's related to the change in the cache files.
>
> I had a customer who couldn't see any mails in their inbox, what so ever -
> there were plenty of files in the cur/ folder though.

It'd be way nice if Dovecot, upon detecting index etc. insanity, renamed
the Dovecot index etc. to dovecot.index.bork and regenerated them.

Of course, it may already do that and I've just not been paying attention.
(-:

-- Asheesh.

--
As in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name.
 		-- Ken Thompson and Dennis M. Ritchie