[Dovecot] User keywords limit to 26

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 6 18:45:55 EET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 17:34 +0100, Arthur Pétry wrote:
> Recently, I just saw the limit of 26 of them when messages are stored
> in maildir format.
>
> This is an important issue for me, since I didn't find how to remove a
> flag from the dovecot-keywords database.

You could just remove a line from the file. I was planning on doing this
automatically for unused flags at some point, but this hasn't been
implemented yet.

> Is there any plan to get rid of the keywords limit ?

I thought it would have worked actually, even though the keywords
existed only in indexes..

> Or perhaps the new dbox storage format can fix that ?

dbox doesn't have any limit.

> By the way, the comportement of Dovecot when we try to add a new flag
> while the limit is exceeded is strange :
> (C: is client and S: Dovecot)
..
> And then when we fetch them, dovecot reply 2 times. The first time
> with all the flags, and the second time with only the 26 flags stored
> in maildir. (I suppose Dovecot try to sync the flags when we fetch it) :

This is a bug. I'll see if I can get this fixed.