[Dovecot] Secure authentication?

Jürgen Herz jherz at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 11 13:18:46 EET 2007

On 2007-11-11 01:13, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I have enabled SSL support for my dovecot installation but if I enable secure authentication in my MUA, I get an
> error from dovecot telling me that this is not supported..
>
> Is this because dovecot does not support this or am I missing some config?

Might be. But note that with "secure authentication" it might mean
CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, Kerberos a.s.o. that are no simple plain text or
just Base64 coding mechanisms. SSL on the other hand is a way to make a
secure *connection*.
So make sure some of the above mechanisms are enabled in your dovecot
installation as well.

Jürgen

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---