[Dovecot] dovecot.index mtime

Matt lm7812 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:50:28 EET 2007

> I think I'd avoid actually disabling the account through the MTA,
> especially if it's for security considerations and your accounts have
> shell access. But it wouldn't be that hard:

My actual goal is to reduce load on the server.  These are simply
email users and have no shell or any other access.  If there not using
the account I do not want Exim wasting resources virus scanning, spam
scanning(spamd) and storing messages for them.

I want to add all email users that have not checked email through pop3
or imap in ~6 months to /etc/virtual/suspended_email.  Exim will
reject messages to these accounts with error message: "Account
suspended due to inactivity".  I do not want to suspend pop3 or imap
access in fact if they start using the account again I want to
automatically re-enable.  Likely will run a script in cron.daily to
check all this.

I think that better explains what I am after.

Thanks.

Matt