[Dovecot] SSL/TLS with Outlook client

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Thu Nov 15 04:44:15 EET 2007

On Wednesday, November 14 at 10:51 PM, quoth Marcus Rueckert:
>rejecting on wrong informations in HELO/EHLO saves me lots of spam.

That's a half-baked idea at best, given that you're violating a MUST
NOT in the SMTP specification. Plus, how do you judge "wrong"? Hotmail
and MSN both fail to use their FQDNs in their HELO
arguments---technically that's wrong. I suppose you reject all
hotmail.com email?

Check out:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/smtp-avoid-helo.html

~Kyle
--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else.
                                                               -- Knuth