[Dovecot] umask not applied

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 15 17:07:54 EET 2007

On 15.11.2007, at 17.03, Thomas wrote:

> Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>> It doesn't. dovecot-shared file should be enough to solve your
>> problem.
>
> OK, that was a good tip. It works. Now the only thing I need is
> dovecot to create the file automatically when I create a new account.

Depending how how you create the new account, you might be able to do
it there. For example if you have some add-mail-user script, you
could have that do it. Or add to /etc/skel/ if you use system users.

> Is there some way to let dovecot execute a script when it creates a
> new account. I couldnt find anything in the documentation.

Dovecot doesn't "create new accounts", but you can execute a script
that's run before each imap session: http://wiki.dovecot.org/
PostLoginScripting