[Dovecot] crash with fts_squat on an identified email

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat Nov 17 16:08:48 EET 2007

I have some folders with a good amount of spam.  While demonstrating full text search to a user,
we found a folder that would crash dovecot while doing a fts.  While splitting up the mailbox to
narrow it down, I found there are a good number of messages in that folder that all made it crash
in the same manner.  I figured I'd narrow down a single one, get that fixed, then retest the rest.
I also added to my todo list to try a full text search on as much email as I can find, to try to
weed out any other problems (and see if fts is realistic to use in production).

Nov 17 09:03:26 boomhauer dovecot: IMAP(mcdouga9): file message-decoder.c: line 201 (translation_buf_decode):
assertion failed: (*size >= skip)
Nov 17 09:03:26 boomhauer dovecot: child 14668 (imap) killed with signal 6

Let me know if this is not reproducable with the attached tgz containing a maildir with one message,
I could do a local gdb if needed.