[Dovecot] dovecot mysql support

jan gestre freebsd.ph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:10:43 EET 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 12:57 AM, Bazy <bazy at darkdawn.net> wrote:

> jan gestre wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I'm using CentOS 4.5, is the dovecot default rpm comes with mysql
> > support? Do I need to rebuild it?
> >

> > TIA.
> >
> > jan
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> You need to rebuild it, without any patches or so... Just enable mysql
> and LDA support in the .spec and don't forget to edit yum.conf and
> exclude=postfix*.

Hi Bazy,

Sigh.. that's what I'm afraid of, anyways, I tried rebuilding it using
dovecot-1.0.7-0_63.src.rpm however I keep on getting this

# rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/dovecot.spec

"Unknown tag error in line 1"
%bcond_without inotify <--- line 1

I already tried adding --without inotify switch with same result.
Googling around told me that the option is only  available on the
2.6.13 kernel and above, the CentOS4 kernel is only 2.6.9. Any ideas
how to resolve this?

TIA