[Dovecot] dspam integration

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Nov 19 17:06:36 EET 2007

> I see http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-antispam and
> http://blog.cynapses.org/2007/09/13/dovecot-dspam-plugin/ solutions.
> Second git repo is not answer, first one is cloned, but I see some
> drawbacks with it.

The first git repo is my source, and the second one is Andreas's but I
think last he was working on integrating libdspam into my antispam
plugin.

> Dspam backend is more native solution but libdspam using instead of
> dspam external binary looks like preffered way to integrate dspam.

Not really. libdspam pretty much sucks. you're entitled to your own
opinion :)

> Another problem is waiting for dspam child process exit, so IMAP
> session is blocked. Why not to fork and forget dspam child process?

Because we need to know whether it liked us?

> Email sender backend is non-blocking, but using MTA is great overhead.
> Calling external program with some args and mail body via pipe can be
> more suitable way, so external program may be dspam binary directly or
> shell/perl/python filter to any antispam engine via sendmail or
> something else.
>
> Has anybody plans to implement this features or it will be better to
> try it myself?

Go ahead. I don't think it's good wrt. error reporting so I probably
wouldn't integrate it unless it's really clean code :)

joahnnes