[Dovecot] Wanting to seperate MTA and Imap

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:02:17 EET 2007

Hi

Current my set up is that the MTA and Dovecot (maildir) is on the same
machine. Ive been asked to seperate the services from the same machine
(too would like to add a secondary MTA - but thats future ideas).

I read the documentation on NFS, but from other sites i have read.
Most say this is NOT the best solution.

My question is, how do some of the fellow dovecot users,or other
companys, e.g. google etc, pull this off.

If you can assist in helping me fine a solution and too help me
understand, I would greatfully appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark