[Dovecot] recalculation of maildir Quota

Ingo Rogalsky rog7993 at web.de
Fri Nov 23 12:12:04 EET 2007

Hello,

I intend to use maildir Quota for measurement only, not for applying
restrictions. Therefore I defined rather high values. That's working as
expected. Nevertheless it's not useful, because the recalculation time
is to high. This takes some minutes for my own mailaccount with 250.000
mails on a NFS storage. This would be to bad, but whilst this time, the
Mailclient hangs. Probably our users woulnd't accept this. Can this be
done in the background?

Furthermore I noticed that recalculation occurs after the file
maildirsize gets longer than 30 lines (around 250-300 bytes) and not
after 5120 bytes as the wiki states. Do I do/understand something wrong
or is this a bug?

Probably a nightly cronjob, which does calculation of Maildir-size would
be a more useful alternative.

Regards,

Ingo Rogalsky