[Dovecot] Variable krb5 cache location

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 26 16:43:45 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 20:24 +0100, Roland Hopferwieser wrote:
> First I want to thank you for this great software.
> Second, I think it could be a good idea to give the user the chance to
> change the location for the kerberos V cache, so there is no potentially
> conflict with other processes. With external refreshment of the krb5
> cache, I use the cache also for authentication against the LDAP server
> with the gssapi.
> Please find attached a little diff file to dovecot 1.0.7.

Looks ok, but I hate to add new settings to dovecot.conf nowadays since
there are already too many. Also then there would be two
Kerberos-related settings that simply set environment variables. I'm
beginning to think that maybe something more generic is needed, such as:

auth default {
  ..
  environment {
    krb5_ktname = ..
    krb5ccname = ...
    who_knows_what_else_in_future = ..
  }
}

I think LDAP library also can accept settings from environment.

Anyone on mailing list have better ideas?