[Dovecot] Embracing .99

Joe Allesi -X (joallesi - Coyote Creek Consulting at Cisco) joallesi at cisco.com
Tue Nov 27 00:19:08 EET 2007

We're stuck on RHEL 4.x, so we're currently working on a plan to live in
harmony with .99 for another year or so. With that said, the plan is
below. Let me know if you have any other recommendations.

[ ]Convert to high-performance mode vice high-security to reduce overall
resource usage.
[ ]Implement iptables throttling for new connections to prevent denials
of service.
[ ]Covert from mbox to maildir to help reduce the likelihood of
corruption that lead to mailbox outages.

As our overall individual mailbox usage is low, maildir seems to be a
good option as mbox corruption has severely impacted a few of our
high-profile applications. However, does anyone know of a sane method to
use maildir on RHEL 4.x without switching over to Postfix?

Thanks!