[Dovecot] dovecot-auth consumes 100% CPU time on Solaris 10

Mark Heitmann Mark.Heitmann at dnw-germany.aero
Tue Nov 27 14:39:01 EET 2007

> >>/ Did you compile with Solaris's own LDAP library or with OpenLDAP?
> />/ I'm using iPlanet DS and Solaris's LDAP library.
> /
> People have had different kinds of problems with Solaris LDAP
> library. You could try if OpenLDAP works better.

I have the same problem also with openLDAP (compiled with gcc 3.4.3 on
Solaris 10 x86 (Update 4)). When I build dovecot with ldap-support, the
dovecot-auth process gets 100% CPU time, without ldap-support, the
problem doesn't exists.

The machine is a Sun Fire X2200 M2 with an AMD Opteron processor
on actual patch level. Does somebody have a solution for this problem
(pollsys) under Solaris 10?

Greets,
Mark