[Dovecot] spf record

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Nov 28 19:15:06 EET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Matt wrote:

>>> Your spf record is broken:
>>>
>>> dovecot.org.            39942   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a -all"
>>
>> Care to tell also why? dovecot.org's mails are sent from the same
>> IP as
>> its A record.
>
> Hmmm.  I would have listed mx as well but thats just me.  But just
> listing a is likely better in that there are less lookups for the
> receiving system.

My SPF record originally only had mx and my ip block (Which contains
all my servers).  Had no problems for 2 years.  A week or two ago a
user complained one domain (some programmers domain which I thought
was amusing) was rejecting based on SPF, and it turns out they only
worked with the 'a' listing in there.  They were running Exchange..
Just an FYI.. cover all your bases :/

Rick