[Dovecot] autogen.sh fails -> "required file `./config.rpath' not found"

snowcrash schneecrash+dovecot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:29:26 EET 2007

> the real solution would be to copy the config.rpath [1] from your distro
> into the source dir. this requires the gettext devel files to be
> installed.

i'm not using nls/gettext.  afaict, it's not even mentioned (in
configure, doc, INSTALL, etc) as an option.  then, gettext shouldn't
be a requirement (even though it's installed on my system ...).

the point is, the check for the file is there, but the file is not
included. autogen.sh
 *would* copy it if i spec'd the location of my gettext in
/usr/local/share (odd that the check wouldn't be for 'standard'
locations ... ), but, again, why's it asked for?

> now the question is when using the 1.1b9 tarball.
> why do you run autogen.sh at all?

i'm not using the tarball -- rather

  hg clone -r1.1.beta9 http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot

instructions, of course, are:

"If you got Dovecot from Mercurial, for instance with

hg clone http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/

you will first need to run './autogen.sh' to generate the 'configure'
script and some other files."