[Dovecot] 1.1beta9 'make' fails on osx/Tiger

snowcrash schneecrash+dovecot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:38:19 EET 2007

(Yes, Really .... w/ gcc v4.2.1, like i said in the first place)

> Actually, the 1.1  beta v9 builds just fine under Tiger (PPC and
> PPC64) if you use the official Apple sanctioned gcc v 4.01 they ship
> with both Tiger and Leopard. If you do download and use gcc 4.2.1 from
> the GNU folks you might want to pass along the error / bug reports to
> them instead of Apple, but I suspect the GNU folks will tell you to
> try the current 4.2.2 version or the new 4.3 version.

i'm using Apple's gcc 4.2.1:

  http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5/gcc_42-5531/

and the v4.2.1 Tiger equiv from the R-project provided at

  http://r.research.att.com/tools/

both Apple & ATT are _already_ well plugged into both .. er .. Apple & GNU.

yes, 4.2.1 is "not distro" ... but it *is* up-n-coming, as evienced by
the fact that it *is* offered on the darwinsource page.

i'd gather tss would like to know about issues.  (it shouldn't be
terribly surprising for a projects' beta release to at least be
_tried_ with _other_ projects' beta releases ...)

cheers.