[Dovecot] spf record

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Nov 28 20:51:30 EET 2007

on 11/28/2007 10:46 AM Matt spake the following:
>> But as a matter of fact, I got corrected. The major problem with even
>> scoring is that the only things spammers have to do (and they really do
>> it!) is to register some new domain, enter valid SPF records for it and
>> then their scoring might even improve.
>
> DKIM and domainkeys are really no better in that respect.  Spammers
> typically do not go through that much effort though.
>
> Matt

I do see some benefit, at least for us.
We get a lot of mail from a bank, but I cannot whitelist the bank by domain,
because of phishing. So I either have to write some custom rules and
experiment, whitelist each individuals address as they hit, or validate their
domainkey and bump any scores back down enough to clear the filters. I think I
will look at enabling the dkim plugin in spamassassin and see what happens.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and