[Dovecot] SPAM: Re: 1.1beta9 'make' fails on osx/Tiger

Jerry Yeager jerry at scene-naturally.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 29 01:19:59 EET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:51 PM, snowcrash wrote:

>> p.s. The folks at AT&T also recommend that "you" use the newer
>> version
>> of gcc than the older-hacked-to-get-something-for-Tiger version of
>> the
>> Apple Leopard version they (AT&T) are providing -- it is further down
>> the page where they provide links.
>
> just looked at the page & have no idea what you're referring to ...
> can you quote?
>
> thx.

http://r.research.att.com/tools/

It begins with
Building a universal compiler

Note: This section is now becoming obsolete given Apple's gcc 42
branch, but it is kept here until we have more definite information on
Apple's Fortran support.
.
..
skipping down to
..
.

get gcc sources
This is obviuos, you clearly need gcc sources. One way to get them is
via svn, for example:
svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/gcc-4_2-branch gcc-4.2

Leopard has svn built in, there are open source clients available for
Tiger.

If you do not like using svn to get your stuff, just hit the main
gcc.gnu.org site and follow the links to grab the gzipped file.

Since this is really drifting away from Dovecot, the rest of the folks
on the list might prefer to take the correspondence off the list.

					Jerry