[Dovecot] plugin problem

Tom Bombadil grlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 22:44:17 EEST 2007

> Anyway, I don't recommend training from pristine because of the resource
> overhead and it being hard to guarantee the message is indeed pristine,
> but if it suits you I can't stop you from doing it :)

Really? I found the downside of using signatures much worse than not
using them:

If the backend is mysql, eventually, we have to clean, and optimize the
signature tables... And the optimization locks the table. Needless to
say, all inbound mail can't be written to the signatures table.

Now, if you have a lot of users, your table optimization could take
hours to finish. Postgres has the same problem if you use a 'vacuum full'.

Cheers Johannes.

PS: your modified plugin worked like a charm for us. thanks a bunch!