[Dovecot] Moving email from a folder to another using IMAP isvery slow (sometimes)

Stefano Scalise s.scalise at tno.it
Tue Oct 2 13:04:56 EEST 2007

Hi to all,

very strange! I tried to debug why imap process takes 100% CPu and it is
very slow when I move an email from an imap folder to another imap folder
and then I typed:

strace -tt -o /log-imap.txt -p <process number>

well, during the trace the imap process doesn't crash and it is very fast.
If I stop the tracing, I have again the problem and sometimes the crash of
the process.

Any help?
Thank you,
Stefano.