[Dovecot] In-site migration from /etc/passwd to LDAP

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Oct 4 08:34:55 EEST 2007

* Maykel Moya <moya at infomed.sld.cu>:

> El mié, 03-10-2007 a las 12:07 +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter escribió:
>
> > When you migrate an account also migrate the UID and GID to the user that runs
> > deliver.
>
> AFAIK deliver runs under dovecot user. Documentation say that dovecot
> user should not be used for owning mailboxes.

"the user that runs deliver" and not the user who owns the deliver binary!
You've added some user and group in Postfix master.cf to run deliver. This
user must be able to access (rwx) the mailbox.

> Besides, I wouldn't like to change UIDs so I can go back with minimal
> effort in case of a problem with the new setup. When the system probes
> itself stable enough I will migrate them to a pure virtual mail setup.

Your decision.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de