[Dovecot] Dovecot + OCFS2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 6 02:57:51 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 17:46 +0200, Jon Blazquez wrote:
> Hello,
> We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
> with OCFS2 for our mail servers. There are three nodes in the cluster
> with shared storage and OCFS2 filesystem on it. The filesystem
> is used for mail storage(using Maildir layout) and is accessed by smtpd,
> pop3 and imap processes(DOVECOT).
> The system works fine but when there are mailing lists the load
> increases dramatically.

So you mean everything works ok as long as messages are saved into only
a few mailboxes, but once there comes a burst of messages to lots of
different mailboxes the load increases?

Is it just one node doing the writes or all 3 at the same time? If all
3, does it work better if only 1 is doing it?

How long are the deliver processes running? If they're there long enough
to be straced, check what syscalls are taking the longest.