[Dovecot] dovecot cloning mails?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 6 03:13:15 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 00:41 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange issue here. I have a large message of a svn commit and the
> message is cloning itself more and more. I've deleted it several time
> completely but it doesn't go away.

Find the duplicated message files in maildir and check their hard link
count.

If hard link count is more than one, it's most likely your IMAP client
that's doing the duplication by COPYing the message. You can verify this
with e.g. rawlog.

If hard link count is 1, then the message is probably being redelivered
for some reason. Check the received headers to see if they're different.