[Dovecot] Mail client kill imap-login process

Tue Oct 9 14:16:54 EEST 2007

dovecot acc, on 10/8/2007 11:25 PM, said the following:
> Hi,
> In my env we have quite a number of old PC which are running windows95.  I
> have installed the thunderbird
> and outlook97 with the right configuration to dovecot.  Everytime I starts
> the mail client it shows the following,
> dovecot: Oct 09 10:56:45 Info: imap-login: Disconnected: rip=172.24.65.60,
> lip=172.24.66.24
> only then it shows the login screen.  After submit the password, it doesn't
> seems to login properly.
> If I use the Outlook Express, it runs ok on the same machine? I can send and
> read email.
>
> I trace the process using strace but it failed since the pid got killed
> everytime I starts that two mail client.
>
> In order to make sure my dovecot run correctly, I run all mail clients from
> XP and it works like charm.
>
> Can someone share with my what should I do next or how to debug further?

Interesting sounding problem. Can't think of any reason off the top of
my head that TBird would work differently on Win95 than XP.

What version of dovecot? Also, what platform/version is dovecot running on?

Dovecot -n output (and any other config details not provided by that
output) is also generally needed.

--

Best regards,

Charles