[Dovecot] trying to enable features

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 14 00:39:20 EEST 2007

On Saturday October 13, 2007 at 05:17:56 (PM) Ray wrote:

> I'm trying to enable 3 different features in my mail system (postfix, amavisd,
> dovecot).
>
> 1)out of office auto reply
> 2)script execution based on email
> 3)automatically add disclaimer/signature to outgoing email
> (also listed in order of importance to me)
>
> I'm looking for pointers to documentation or instructions. It seems that 1 and
> 2 would best be done in dovecot somewhere, while 3 is probably best
> implemented in postfix. (my next step is postfix documentation)
>
> Can anybody provide any suggestions or pointers to a how to or other
> documentation?

I think you should start seriously reading the Postfix documentation as well
as subscribe to its mail forum list, since that is where you are going to be
implementing the above three features, although #2, depending on what sort of
script you are referring to, might possibly be initialed with Dovecot.

--
Gerard