[Dovecot] Converting Outlook .PST's

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Tue Oct 16 00:55:42 EEST 2007

Hi Benjamin,

>> [...]
>> I know the users also have large OUT LOOK pst files 4.5GIGs and
>> wondering if
>> I could also intergrate that into IMAP?
> It can be done, but it is a nightmare. For post-2003(?) Outlook
> .PST's, the only sensible, non-commercial path I could find was
> through Thunderbird's import. Uploading directly to the server (Even
> if you ran a local server!) was horrendously, painstakingly slow, and
> rendered the Outlook user's computer unusable for that time.
It is possible to connect outlook directly to an imap server (if it was
previously connected to an exchange, you first have to switch it
pop/imap mode. I don't remember where you select that). Then you can
create a imap connection in addition to the local folders and drag'n
drop the mail folders to the new imap connexion. The major issue with
this process is when you have a very large amount of folder...

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon