[Dovecot] thunderbird and email duplication

Alexander Banthien alexander at parentpay.com
Wed Oct 17 15:07:44 EEST 2007

Hi all,

I have recently switched over to Dovecot from CourierIMAP trying for
some speedup, which I did get. Installation went OK, so all seemed fine.

But suddenly I realised, that incoming emails are replicating
themselves. This seems only to happen when connected with Thunderbird. I
am also using Squirrelmail and KMail as clients which don't seem to show
the behaviour.
It seems to happen only for mails received during a Thunderbird session.
When I close TBird and reopen it, only newly received messages will show
the funny behaviour.
The emails are real file copies in the Maildir, I have checked that.

Running Dovecot on Debian Etch: dovecot --version: 1.0.0 (this is Debian
package 1:1.0.0-1~bpo.1 from backports. I have tried the main package
from Debian aswell, same result) with qmail delivering the mails to a
Maildir without Dovecot's LDA.
Clients:
Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on WinXP over Wireless LAN (tried
Thunderbird/Iceweasel on Debian aswell)
Squirrelmail and KMail (both running on the same box as Dovecot) don't
show that behaviour.

Has anybody seen anything similar or have any advice on what to look
for? I would like to stick with Dovecot but the way it is looking now, I
find working with emails near impossible.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander

--
Alexander Banthien

Any contracts attached to this e-mail are in draft form only and are subject to legal review. They do not necessarily constitute an offer or commitment to do business on the part of ParentPay Limited.

Any opinion expressed in this email is personal to the sender and does not necessarily represent the views of ParentPay Limited. This email cannot be relied upon to create a contract or any obligation on the part of ParentPay Limited.