[Dovecot] dovecot and imap session forwarding

Omer Faruk SEN omer at faruk.net
Wed Oct 17 23:22:32 EEST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to install a qmail-ldap cluster. I have successfully setup dovecot to authenticate against ldap directory. But what I need is to enable imap session forwarding for qmail-ldap.

For example when a user connects to a imapserver if the real mailhost of this user is different than the one that is connected so session is forwarded to real mailhost. Normally we can do that with courirer imap  using auth_imap binary that comes with qmail-ldap which handles session forwarding.

I have done this but got error

auth_executable = /var/qmail/bin/auth_imap . Obviously it won't work. But I am not sure where to put /var/qmail/bin/auth_imap

http://www.qmail-ldap.info/dovecot.php and http://www.qmail-ldap.info/imap_courier.php  page shows a bit information about where to put it.

--
Best regards,
 Omer                          mailto:omer at faruk.net