[Dovecot] Disconnects in log

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 21 00:31:21 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 14:43 -0600, Jackie Hunt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some help interpreting the info I'm seeing in the dovecot logs.
> I have a user using Outlook who is having connectively problems.

What Dovecot version?

> Below
> is a sample of what the Dovecot log is showing.  Can anyone explain to
> me why multiple logins occur within a few seconds of each other?

Last I checked Outlook connected multiple times and disconnected once in
a while by itself.

> Also,
> as I understand it, the "Disconnected" messages mean the kernel told
> Dovecot the connection was closed.  I'm trying to figure out why I'm
> seeing so many of these.  And why they seem to occur shortly after
> a login.

v1.0.5 will include the syscall error after the "Disconnected", but I'm
guessing this has something to do with the user's computer/network which
causes the connection to get disconnected.