[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 1.1b3

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sun Oct 21 06:11:47 EEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 01:44:26AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

  On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:15 -0400, Adam McDougall wrote:
  > This helps, thunderbird seems to act as I would expect with hidden=yes and
  > list=no:
  >
  > 8 list "" "mail/%"
  > * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "mail/Deleted Items"

  Right.

  > but mutt cannot access mail/ when I ask it to:
  >
  > set folder={localhost:1143}mail/
  > Chdir to: imap://localhost:1143/mail/
  >
  > mutt says "No such folder"
  >
  > a0006 LIST "" "mail"
  > a0006 OK List completed.

  Looks like v1.0 answers to this, although I didn't do it intentionally.
  I guess it's a good idea. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/5b2ff32877d4

  > a0007 LIST "" "mail%"
  > a0007 OK List completed.

  This happened with v1.0 too.

Thanks!  This patch seems to make it act the way I expected.

Next issue: when I try to read a message in a private namespace
using thunderbird, dovecot is killed with signal 11.  In thunderbird, it just
acts like it refuses to read any message contents from private namespace.
Based on a tcpdump trace, it is reproducable easily for me with telnet:

telnet server 143
? login username pass
1 select "anyfolder"
2 IDLE
DONE
(crash)

If this is not reproducable for you, I guess I'll have to setup some
process debugging.