[Dovecot] dovecot? putting wrong seperator in subscriptions file

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sun Oct 21 15:56:31 EEST 2007

My config has folders show up in the root namespace as well as
hidden ones like mail/ for compat.  In thunderbird when I set the
namespace prefix to mail/, I effectively cannot subscribe to folders.
You can pull up the folder list, select some folders to subscribe to,
hit okay, and nothing changes in thunderbird:

3 subscribe "mail/Spam"
3 OK Subscribe completed.
4 lsub "" "mail/*"
4 OK Lsub completed.

What gets put in my subscriptions file:
mail.Spam

If I manually change my subscriptions file to mail/Spam, it works
as expected.

# dovecot -n
# 1.1.beta3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
ssl_cert_file: /usr/local/etc/apache2/ssl/cert.pem
ssl_key_file: /usr/local/etc/apache2/ssl/cert.pem
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 1000
first_valid_gid: 0
mail_location:
maildir:%h/Maildir:CONTROL=%h/Maildir/dovecot/private/control:INDEX=%h/Maildir/dovecot/private/indexes
mail_debug: yes
mmap_disable: yes
mail_nfs_storage: yes
mail_nfs_index: yes
mail_plugins: mail_log
mail_log_max_lines_per_sec: 0
imap_client_workarounds: delay-newmail netscape-eoh tb-extra-mailbox-sep
imap_logout_format: bbytes=%i/%o username=%u
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: /
  prefix: mail/
  location:
maildir:%h/Maildir:CONTROL=%h/Maildir/dovecot/private/control:INDEX=%h/Maildir/dovecot/private/indexes
  hidden: yes
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: /