[Dovecot] 1.1b3 and Maildir quota

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Sun Oct 21 21:55:08 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 12:33 -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
>
>> I upgraded a 1.0 install to 1.1b3.  Almost everything is working
>> peachy-keen :)
>> It seems faster to me, Offline Folders and 'new mail' options for
>> Thunderbird are now working, and Mail.App doesn't seem to need the extra
>> namespace.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to read my quotas any longer.
>>
>> I went through the docs, and I see the quota plugin has changed, but
>> there doesn't seem to be a needed configuration change.   Did I miss
>> something?
>>

> The configuration is completely different now. See
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/New

Ok, so looking a little deeper it would probably be best for me to
change from passdb checkpassword to vpopmail, so I remove:
passdb checkpassword {
        args = /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
    }
    userdb prefetch {
    }

and add:

passdb vpopmail {
    # [cache_key=<key>] - See cache_key in PAM for explanation.
    # [quota_template=<template>] - %q expands to Maildir++ quota
    #   (eg. quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q)
    #args =
    quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q

}
userdb vpopmail {
}

And dovecot -n says:
Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 871:
Unknown setting: quota_template
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

I've tried putting quota_template outside the brackets, I've tried
putting just:
quota_rule=*:backend=%q
in the plugin section to no avail :(

I also can't get vpopmail auth to work at all - but I consider that a
config error on my end at this point ;)